Selecting a builder is often a big decision and may involve a stressful process. Using the right individuals for your project is critical to its success. When looking for MA custom builders, there are several questions that you should pose. These will help you make an educated decision on which builder to hire for your new construction or renovation work. The following is information on evaluating MA custom builders.
Evaluating MA Custom Builders
Here are some questions that you should ask prospective builders:
- How many years have they actively practiced?
- What do the builders specialize in?
- Does the builder hold a contractors license from the state?
- Who will be working on-site? Are they direct employees or sub-contractors?
- Does the builder divert all efforts to one customer at a time or handle multiple simultaneously?
- Are they insured? And if so, what type of insurance?
- How many comparable projects have the builders completed recently?
- Can the builders furnish a list of references? And have any customer complaints been filed against them?
- Do they have pictures of past projects that you can view?
- Are they affiliated with any professional associations?
Using the Information Gathered on MA Custom Builders
Asking for this information can shed some light on the status, history, and reputation of each builder. Be sure to ask for proof of certain facts where appropriate. Use this to compare options and use one that is most qualified and matches your needs. Additionally, be conscious of your impressions of each builder. Did each appear well-versed in all aspects of the business? Did you trust what they told you? Would you be comfortable working with them? It is important to use both the facts and your impressions. After you have selected a builder, there are additional questions that you should ask for the particular project and contract. Follow our website or contact us for more guidance on evaluating MA custom builders and other related topics.